Today it is Monday. Before we are going to end a fantastic year, there’s another exciting thing that we need to tell you. Please note that this information was only available to resellers yet and now also for you while reading this.
“We have no clue how to evacuate a person from a building in flames, but then we met you….. “
It was Summer 2018 when I received a phone call. It was a fire fighting service from the Brabant region. He told me that his team had faced several issues with evacuating unconscious individuals from a building in flames. They could not find a proper solution for this. There was another reseller in The Netherlands asking us if we could find a solution for this. The fire fighters first wanted to try S-CAPEPLUS Evacuation Mattress, but this one was too big. We wanted to find an evacuation solution. During our hunt to the solution, we saw that the problem of evacuating unconscious individuals from rough terrains did not only exist among fire fighters.
What kind of difficult evacuation / transfer situations can you come across? We will explain four different scenarios:
- A victim is found in the woods. For the rescue team, it is impossible to reach the scene with a brancard or stretcher. Therefore they need a device to transfer the victim to the brancard.
- During a riot on the streets, a person gets seriously injured. To remove the person from the violent and dangerous area, there’s a need for a quick evacuation solution.
- A rider falls off or is thrown off his bicycle during an accident and is unconscious. After the paramedics provide first aid to the victim, they need to lift the person from the ground onto the brancard.
- On the main stage of a house festival in the middle of Summer, a visitor starts to faint and loses consciousness due to overheating. First aid specialists will need to bring this person to safety.
So who will come across these difficult situations?
- Rescue teams
- First Aid specialists
- Fire wardens
The problem was bigger than expected. That’s why we wanted to find a solution and we worked for several months to create a good alternative to methods that are existing today, at a price which will make you smile.
That’s why we are going to make two new evacuation aids available for you:
- S-CAPEPLUS Carry Sheet
- S-CAPEPLUS Carry Sheet with PVC handles
You are actually one of the first ones seeing this =)
In case you have any questions, please contact me.